Thursday, May 15, 2008

Confessions of a Garage Sale Junkie

O.K. I am one of those fanatical garage sale people. I schedule my Thursday's around what Subdivision in the area is having their sale. But alas, today I sit manning my own garage sale while others are basking in Subdivision Garage sale heaven.

I have on many occasions called friends when I have found something I think that they can't live without and had to leave messages such as, "Where are you, don't you know it's Thursday and I am out Garage saleing. I need to know if you want this item that I know you can't live without because it's so cheap. CALL Soon before I move on to the next. " I have also been known to speed back to one I have already checked off my list to get that something that I or someone else just can't live without.

I find it intriguing and somewhat amusing to see all the different types of things sold at sales. Some are brand new, still in the box; others are gently worn and still others really should get acquainted with the garbage pail. For me the fun is in the searching for that one thing that trumps all previous finds. I now have a list of items that friends are searching for at garage sales. I also have friends cell numbers in my contact list, just in case I find that item they can't live without.

So think of me today, as your out looking at all the wonderful finds out there in Garage Sale land!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm so glad I'm on speed dial!!!

And hey, silly, you are supposed to tell your bff that you started a blog! At least I emailed you my link!