Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sign Saga

I finally put my McCain sign out in the front yard on Tuesday. This is the first time I have ever placed a sign in my yard, so I think it is a big deal. Wednesday morning while taking the girls to school, I notice that the sign is now in the side yard. I think, ah someone was messing around with my sign. After I return from taking the girls to school, I go over a pick it up. Lo and behold, the sign had been set on fire. SET ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!! Now this freaks me out. Someone took it upon themselves to light a fire in my front yard. I called the police and they wrote up a report. This whole situation then makes me a little irritated. I'll show the people who burned my sign, I'll just go get another one or two. When I show up at the McCain office, there is a sign that says you should remove your lawn signs at night. I'm thinking, "Are you kidding me? What is this world coming to?" I am happy to report, that the new sign has lasted through one night.

My little saga just proves to me the need that people have in their lives. They need Jesus. No matter who wins the election in November, God is still in control and people need Him. No matter who burns my sign, God is in control and people need Him. We need to get this right. No matter what is going on financially in our country, God is still on the throne and He still is in control. When life gets crazy, God is in control and people need Him. He is still on His throne whether we acknowledge it or not. Let's keep God in His rightful place. He is in control.

2 comments:

beckyjomama said...

Hmmmm, think I will put a sign in MY yard!!! I like a challenge!!!

Unknown said...

Nice reflection...I think you are right. People need the Lord, they need a HERO- politicians just won't cut it even when they are "put on the throne." Our perspectives get skewed when we think one person (as head of our country) is going to save the day and be all we need. I'm voting for Jesus!

P.S. Do you have a name for that breakfast dessert you brought into Bible Study on Thursday?